Thursday, March 15
7:30 am – Room opens for Peer Coaching, Session, Meetings with Facilitators, and Dialogue with Classmates
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Session
HANDLING DIFFICULT EMOTIONS AND CONVERSATIONS IN THE WORKPLACE AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Handling Difficult Behaviors and Conversations in the Workplace: Dealing with differences among team members; resolving conflict in a constructive and proactive manner.
- Performance Development & Management: Using the performance appraisal and development process to support employee effectiveness; creating employee and team accountability (with the suggestion, request and require method); documenting behavior and implementing disciplinary processes.
- Prior to Next Session: Application of Session Learning & Peer Coaching.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ASSIGNMENTS PRIOR TO SESSION FOUR (dates above). BRING YOUR COMPLETED HOMEWORK TO THE SESSION. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL Caroline at (970) 390-9420 or Chris at (970) 471-4474.
- You will find one Power Point deck which outlines your Homework for Session Four.
- Download and print the Session Four Homework slides by clicking here:HOMEWORK – Session Four – Conflict & Performance Devpt – RFLA – 2018
Black and white printing is fine if you want to conserve colored ink.
- Complete the homework and bring paper copies of completed homework with you to Session Four.
- Part of your homework includes completing a Conflict Management Style Assessment and reading two (2) or more of the articles below (click on the article to view and/or download):
- Conflict Management Assessment – All participants should download and complete this Assessment and bring to Session 4.
- Read tw0 (2) or more of the articles below:
- Crabs, Cranks, & Curmudgeons – von Hoffman
- How to Handle Difficult Behaviors – Cloke & Goldsmith
- Incivility at Work – Porath – 2015
- Taking Stress Out of Stressful Conv – Weeks
- When and How to Discipline Employees – Massad
- Guide to Performance Mgmt – UCSD HR Department
- A Return to Qualitative Feedback – Sipek
- Taking Up Slack – Fox
(Articles and republished materials are provided complimentary for RF Leadership Academy participants’ learning purposes only. For original documents, please contact source.)
PLEASE DOWNLOAD YOUR SESSION MATERIALS HERE. INSTRUCTIONS:
- You will find four PowerPoint decks.
- Download to your RF Leadership Academy – Session Four “Performance Management and Empowerment” files on your computer.
- Choose to print in pure black and white so that all titles and text show up on printed versions of Power Points.
- These will be provided but feel free to look at them before the next session SLIDES – Managing Conflict – RFLA – 2018 and SLIDES- Performance Management-RFLA- 2018 .
- These will be provided but feel free to look at them before the next session WORKBOOK – Managing Conflict – RFLA – 2018 and WORKBOOK- Performance Management-RFLA-2018
“Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to high sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations.”
– Peter Drucker
“Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.”
– General Dwight Eisenhower
“No one will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it.”
– Andrew Carnegie
“The art of leadership is saying no, not saying yes. It is very easy to say yes.”
– Tony Blair