Wednesday, March 14
7:30 am – Room opens for Peer Coaching, Session, Meetings with Facilitators, and Dialogue with Classmates
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Session
Fostering Team Work
- Motivating Employees: Exploring the range of motivational factors; understanding internal vs. external motivators; optimizing generational differences in the workplace; leading ‘change’ with multiple personality styles; and dealing with resistance to change.
- Fostering Team Work: Gaining skills and ideas to create a truly high performance team; designing self-managing teams; recognizing typical dysfunctions of teams and how to move past them; and ultimately learning to build a strong team culture.
- Having Fun in the Workplace
- Prior to Next Session: Application of Session Learning & Peer Coaching.
Please complete the Homework found below PRIOR to the next Academy Session. Bring your completed homework to the session. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call Caroline at (970) 390-9420 or Chris at (970) 471-4474.
- You will find one Power Point deck which outlines your Homework for Session Three.
- Download the Homework Slides here: HOMEWORK – Session Three – Motivation & Teamwork – RFLA – 2018
- Print the Homework Slides in order to write your answers. Black and white printing is fine
- Complete the homework and bring paper copies of completed homework with you to Session Three.
- Your homework includes reading three (3) or more of the articles below (click on the article to view and/or download):
(Articles and republished materials are provided complimentary for UP Academy participants’ learning purposes only. For original documents, please contact source.)
PLEASE DOWNLOAD YOUR SESSION MATERIALS HERE. INSTRUCTIONS:
- You will find THREEPowerPoint decks.
- Download to your RF Leadership Academy – Session Three “Motivation & Teamwork” files on your computer.
- Choose to print in pure black and white so that all titles and text show up on printed versions of Power Points.
- Print out the Motivation Slides: SLIDES – Motivation Module – RFLA – 2018 – with 2 to 4 slides per page. If you do not want to print the session slides, you may follow along in the sessions on your tablet or laptop.
- There is no Motivation Workbook.
- These will be provided but feel free to look at them before the next session: SLIDES – Teamwork – RFLA – 2018
- These will be provided but feel free to look at them before the next session: WORKBOOK – Teamwork – RFLA – 2018
“Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.”
– Harry S. Truman
“The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.”
– Max DePree
“Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.”
– Warren Bennis