Thursday, February 22
7:30 am – Breakfast, Room opens for Peer Coaching Session, Meetings with Facilitators, and Dialogue with Classmates
8:00am – 6:30 pm Session (Extended hours are based on our previous agreement and importance of keeping the integrity of the content missed from Session 1 due to weather conditions).
Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.
–Harold S. Geneen
- Effective Communication Skills: Using verbal and non-verbal communication to speak and listen more effectively; understanding the role of listening; utilizing communication options (e-mail, v-mail, face to face and when to use them); and exploring communication styles.
- Empowerment:Empowerment is the most misunderstood concept in organizations today! What is it? What is it not? How does a manager use empowerment to create higher levels of commitment, responsibility, focus, ownership and accountability? Learning multiple dimensions of this complex process – in order to implement empowerment in a simple way!
- Prior to Next Session: Application of Session Learning & Peer Coaching.
HOMEWORK: Please Complete the Homework Assignments Below, Prior to Session Two. If you have any questions, call Michelle at (419) 344-1104, Vi at (972) 802-1401, or Anthony at (951)-836-0780.
- You will find the Power Point deck which outlines your Homework for Session Two in the bullet below.
- Download to your computer and then print – Click on the link here: homework-session-two-communication-and-empowerment-rfla. Black and white printing is fine if you want to conserve colored ink.
- Complete the homework and bring paper copies of completed homework with you to Session Two.
- Your homework includes reading three (3) or more of the articles below (click on the article to view and/or download):
- Articles (choose at least 3 to read)
(Articles and republished materials are provided complimentary for RF Leadership Academy participants’ learning purposes only. For original documents, please contact source.)
PLEASE DOWNLOAD YOUR SESSION MATERIALS HERE. INSTRUCTIONS:
- Create a file on your hard drive and download the Session Materials on your computer (future reference).
- Click Here for Session Slides:
- Click Here for the Workbook Slides –
No Download or Printing is necessary of the slides or workbooks, as all content will be provided upon arrival to Session Two
- Click Here: listening-skills-assessment
- IMPORTANT – YOU WILL NEED PAPER COPIES OF YOUR HOMEWORK, ARTICLES AND THE LISTENING SKILLS ASSESSMENT!
“A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.”
– John Maxwell
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
– John Quincy Adams
“I must follow the people. Am I not their leader?”
– Benjamin Disraeli
“A leader is a dealer in hope.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte